Friday, July 5, 2019

SISTERS, WE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH, AND THAT’S OKAY.

Goooooood morning friends and happy Friday!!!

I have a very important topic to talk about today that has been weighing heavily on my mind and I KNOW that I am not alone.

I want to talk to you about feeling like you are enough. Because, sista, I have had to learn the hard way that I will NEVER be enough and neither will you. This sounds like a hard pill to swallow but let me explain.

I go out a buy a new planner to plan my life out and make myself feel organized and accomplished. The truth is, I forget to pick up that planner after I spend hours planning in it. I don’t have my life together.

So then, I make a to-do list of all the things I want to accomplish today, or this week, or even this month. I want to have the perfect morning routine where I spend time with God first, read his word, meditate on it, get my mind right for the day.

Then, I want to be a great friend who calls, texts, and checks up on all of the people that I love. But I fail. Days or heck, even months can go by and I realize I haven’t talked to my best friend. It makes me feel less than as a friend.

Next, I want to do all of the chores around my house and deep clean and make it smell heavenly. I get started on one task and get distracted with a million other things which leads me to never getting everything accomplished. Truth is, if you show up at my house without giving me a heads up, you will discover just how “together” I have it. There are currently dirty dishes in the sink from last night. There is dog hair in every place imaginable in my home. So you better bring a lint roller. The dirty clothes basket it overflowing right now. I have this wonderful thing called essential oil diffusers that produce wonderful aromatic experiences and improve your health. But who even remembers to fill them up and turn them on everyday? So, my house may smell like dog, it may smell like food, it may smell like coffee. Who knows??


Next, I want to be the perfect teacher, influencer, educator, motivator. Not just for children but for those around me. My family, my friends, my social media followers, and even strangers. I want to do all of the things. Guess what? The perfect teachers don’t exist.... Jesus is the ONLY perfect teacher, influencer, educator, motivator. I have had to take a step back and realize that I can’t work myself to death only to feel like I have fallen short or failed a child, or couldn’t save them. And as far as social media? It can be so great, but it can also steal your time, it can also be the thief of joy as you compare yourself to others.

As I come to a close, I want you to know that my mind is always GOING. It sees something new and shiny and I want to do it, or try it, or participate in it, or learn about it. I want to do ALL of the things.
Let me give you another example. I have been learning and trying to create products to build a good Teacher Pay Teacher store. I also have been trying to educate others on how to become healthier with diet and nutrition. I have just starting learning how to use an envelope system for budgeting. I am wanting to get more organized in my house and in my classroom, so I start a new project on those. These are just a few things. I am always running and trying to do all the things. But in the end, I realize that I can’t do all the things. It’s impossible to be enough. It’s impossible to be the perfect friend, the perfect teacher, the perfect wife, the perfect church member, the perfect daughter, the perfect housekeeper, the perfect educator or social media influencer. I FAIL MISERABLY. And that can steal my joy!!!

Solution: WE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH. Stop trying to be good enough to feel good enough about yourself. JESUS. That’s why we NEED Jesus. He IS ENOUGH. He is perfect. He completes us. When we are weak, He is strong. He is the one who defines us. Our identity has to be found in HIM. NOT in ourselves, because we fall short. We always will because we are human. We have to learn to lean on Him for guidance. We has to trust him to guide our steps. Once we stop putting all of the pressure on ourselves, we can find our joy in life... with Jesus.



This is the perfect picture to represent this post. This is me. This is me without makeup. I am still wearing my workout clothes from this morning. I am sitting in front of a dead house plant that I never remember to water. I am also sitting in front of a pretty planner that I never pick up. 


Sista, we are all a hot mess express and it is perfectly okay. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Teaching Writing

How many of you teachers struggle with writing? Be honest! I was the world’s worst at not knowing how to properly teach my students how...