Wednesday, July 31, 2019

My Last Day of Summer Break- Speak Truth to your Emotions




Happy Hump Day, Friends!!!

Today is the last day of my summer break… 

I am feeling many different things, so I thought I would put them all into words and out of my head. 

The biggest emotion I am feeling is excitement. I mean, c’mon. Who doesn’t get excited about a fresh start. A fresh classroom, a fresh attitude, a fresh beginning with a new group of kids. An endless beginning of possibilities, excitement, and fun! It’s fun to inspire little learners to love learning just like you… And guess what??? My classroom is already set up! I am way ahead of the game… So there is no stress on that end! 

That sounds so wonderful, until… my anxiety kicked in. I don’t know why. I keep telling my brain to shut up, but it just ignores me most of the time. Lol. Here is what it keeps saying…. Your summer is gone. Your freedom is gone. You are about to be constantly in a state of stress and always be overwhelmed. Remember how you were so stressed last year, and the year before? So, that’s how it is going to be this year. You are about to lose your mind! …. Like…. SHUT UP! You are a liar! 
Do you ever fight with yourself? Or am I just nuts? 

Here is what I have been combatting those thoughts with… It is going to be a wonderful year. You are ready. Your classroom is ready. Your mind is ready. Heck, even your body is ready (thanks to ketosis!) You are excited. You will not let any of the tasks overwhelm you. You will do them with all of your heart because your goal in whatever you do is to glorify God. That’s your only goal actually. God is in control and he has put you where you are for a reason. God’s got you! 
So, there is my dilemma with my own brain. It’s trying to create problems that do not even exist! 

The good thing is, I am no longer taking my anxiety meds. That may sound scary, but its so liberating. For the first time in two years, I am able to feel my emotions, recognize them, and control them. I am mindfully experiencing them, letting them surface, and handling them like a boss! 

The overthinking keeps popping up, so on the next post, I will explain how I am using my overthinking to just simply prepare… Stay tuned… And speak truth to your emotions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Teaching Writing

How many of you teachers struggle with writing? Be honest! I was the world’s worst at not knowing how to properly teach my students how...