Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Continued from my last post, I wanted to share some ideas of how I have been preparing for going back to school/work.... 

First, I had to make a list of items I needed. 

New lunch bag
Snacks
Drinks
Etc. 


Next, I went shopping! I actually got my oil changed while shopping so that killed two birds with one stone... Here is what I got: 

Water
Almonds
Pickles
Coffee, coffee, coffee
Pork rinds
Heavy Whipping Cream
Eggs, Eggs, Eggs
Cheese
Pink Salt
Salsa
Tuna
Monk Fruit -> hubby wanted to try this instead of stevia! Win! 

I also bought a hefty lunch bag to fit my food into. Haha. I act like I am about to starve, but I want to be prepared! 

Next, I packed my lunch bag with some necessities that I am going to keep in my classroom. 
- Portioned out almonds
-Pink salt... this is one is so important! 
- Portioned out pork rinds
- Gum
- Cans of sparkling flavored water
-Packets of tuna
- I boiled tons of eggs in the insta pot. I will use them as needed! 

That’s all for now. That should keep me from any slip ups for my first two days, Thursday and Friday. 

Speaking of slip ups- I just joined a group of fabulous Keto women who are committed to 100 days of Keto. No slip ups, no cheat days, no junk food, for 100 straight days. I am excited to commit to this right along with them. This group will be my accountability to not jump off of the wagon like I slowly do every year. This will keep me focused. I am excited for it. That is why I am over planning everything. Failing to plan is planning to fail. 

Another thing I did, I was make a weekly chore list. I am going to space out my housework doing certain things on each day of the week so that I am not overwhelmed during the weekend. That was miserable. Being so tired all week when I got home. Doing nothing. Then, killing myself trying to catch up every weekend and never really getting rest. This will cut down on stress, life, and being overwhelmed and feeling inadequate and hopeless. 

My last step is to go set out my clothes for the next two days of work. Every night I want to KNOW what I am wearing. That way, I am not frantic, irritable, and anxious in the mornings. I want to wake up early, go to bed on time, and find that balance for exercise! 

Here is to the start of a wonderful year! It all begins with a new mindset and setting yourself up fair success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Teaching Writing

How many of you teachers struggle with writing? Be honest! I was the world’s worst at not knowing how to properly teach my students how...